2019-09-11 Jira Server 7.13.0 - 8.4.x Jira Data Center 7.13.0 - 8.4.x
[CE-75] Jira 8.4 Compatibility (Oracle 18c/19c, AWS Aurora, CDN)
- GET /user/customfields and /admin/customfields for old un-paginated results are deprecated and will be removed in future releases. See [CEP-68].
We worked really hard on this release and v2 it brings a lot of improvements.
New CI, Logo and Documentation
We styled the App with a new logo, changed the colors to a modern look and reworked the documentation with better previous and next buttons.
The App has been completely migrated to ReactJS with AtlasKit.
In the Field Editor you can now search for customfield names, ids and descriptions. You can order the list by name, type and id. And see the associated issue types and projects for each context.
You can create, update, delete, order, sort options as you could before but it looks much smoother now.
In the Permission Editor you can now search for customfield names, ids and descriptions. You can order the list by name, type and id. And see the associated issue types and projects for each context. Furthermore can you quickly preview the existing permissions per context.
We removed the save buttons - all actions take effect immediately. You can now easily grant or revoke global or context permissions.
Reworked Data Storage
We now use real database tables with ActiveObjects so that we can query the database in more complex ways, see the Storage & Performance documentation for more details. In particular the following changed:
- We store userKeys internally now because of GDPR. But the Api still uses userNames (so no changes for you).
- Permission checks are now done via database queries and not in-memory anymore (data center performance).
- Only existing users and groups can be set as permissions.
- If you had a previous version of the app installed, all settings and permissions are automatically migrated to the new data format. During this process permissions for non-existing groups or users are discarded. You can safely roll-back to the 1.9.0 version without loosing permissions or settings.
We tested the App with Jira 8.0-8.2 and Java 11 against these database engines and versions:
- PostgreSQL - 9.6.13
- MySQL - 5.7.26
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 - 14.00.3049
- Oracle Database 12c Standard Edition Release 22.214.171.124.0 - 64bit Production
Reworked Settings with EventLog, Jobs and Data Migration Status
We reworked the Settings page and added tabs for some useful admin views.
Edit the Navigation Links Setting so you can hide navigation entries for non-administrator users.
The app needs to react to certain events in order to keep permissions and search-indexes up to date. The event log shows the events with triggered actions.
When new versions of the app are released and internal functionality changes, Data Migration Tasks are executed. This is done to migrate data to a new storage format.
Here you can see how many entries the app's tables have.
The app executes background processes as jobs when bigger tasks need to be performed.