Custom Field Contexts Documentation
When using Custom Fields you also often use Contexts.
But there are a few things you need to know about contexts before you are able to use them via the API.
Types of Contexts
- There can be only one global context which is per default the "Default Context".
- (Default) It applies to all projects and all issue types.
- XOR It applies to all projects and certain issue types.
|Contexts with associated Projects|
- A context can be associated to one or more projects.
- BUT if a context is already associated to a project THEN no other context can be associated to this project.
- By default such a context applies to all issue types of a project.
|Contexts with associated Issue Types|
- A context can be further associated to certain issue types of a project.
- BUT if you want to have a context that is associated to an issue type, then this is only possible when the context is also associated to a project! The same rules for unique project associations apply.
Examples of Contexts
The Default Contexts that applies to all projects and all issue types. (It is created by default)
A context associated to three projects and all issue types of that projects.
A context associated to one project and a certain issue type.